All requests for Newberry materials are made through our online request system, Aeon, which replaces
all paper registration and request forms. With the online request system you can:
- Submit requests automatically via links in our online catalog or via links in our finding aids
- Submit requests in advance of a visit to the library
- Submit orders for reproductions including digital scans of Newberry materials
- Track the status of each request
- Access detailed information about past requests
Please review our guidelines for using materials to prepare for your visit.
Please review our reproduction policies and fees prior to submitting an order for reproductions.
Although not required, readers are advised to request materials in advance of a visit.
- Submitting requests does not guarantee availability of item or seating in reading room
- Some collections (e.g. unprocessed manuscript collections) require advance permission to view in the reading room
- Staff will retrieve materials once you are seated in the appropriate reading room
- Staff retrieves materials during paging hours (T-F 9-4; Sat. 9-12) from a climate controlled stacks building
- Staff will determine how many items you can have at your desk at one time
The Newberry Reading Rooms are open to readers at least 14 years old or in the ninth grade. We welcome younger
researchers to email our Reference department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the "First Time Users" link below to create a research account.
First Time Users
Please log in if you have already created an account.